It's been a long wait....but I got my mission call!!!!
I'm going to.........drumroll..........
SALVADOR BRAZIL! I leave April 24th to fly to the Brazil Sao Paulo Mtc. I am so stoked. (a beautiful/historic city!)
I should have known I'd get called there seeing the follow reasons ...
-My older sister served in Brazil (and everyone says we are so alike)
-My roommate this semester Jari is half Brazilian
- I made a great friend last spring who was from Brazil
-Both my home teachers this semester served in....guess where? Brazil!
- My little brother Elder King? Oh yeh he's serving in Brazil right now! (a few more weeks left in the MTC)
- 2 of my cousins also served in Brazil.
I wondered and wondered where I would get called to. I should have realized Heavenly Father was giving me clues all along! I am so excited. - I am the 5th grandchild on my dad's side to serve there and 3rd in my family!
A few fun facts:
-According to wikipedia " Salvador features a tropical rainforest climate with no discernable dry season.."
-Salvador is the first capital of Brazil (very old and historic)
-nickname is the Brazil's Capital of Happiness because it is of the people are easygoing.
-It was the center for the slave trade. Hence it is the home of African Brazilian Culture.
- I've heard the people speak a lot slower there! ( It a more relaxed and laid back culture- so hopefully this will help with my speaking)
- The people are very ready to hear the gospel. A sister missionary I spoke with said that you have the opportunity to teach many people and they are so kind.
- My mission is very close to my brother's mission. As in, we are pretty sure they share a border! Also did I mention that because I am waiting for my visa, I am not leaving til April 24th? I did mention that but did you realize that because of this, my brother and I will return back at nearly the SAME TIME? I am so excited to share mission stories and experiences when I get back! We will both return from a country and people we have grown to love. Can't wait to have share this similarity with my brother!
When I went to the 1st Presidency Christmas Devotional I saw this front license plate. I'm going there in 128 days!
Estou tão animado para servir em Salvador Brasil!